Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Yeah!


Oh, this could be worse, really. Much worse. The environment is huge, sure, but the meetings and translation team are a wonderful bunch of total eccentrics (OK, so I fit right in there...). It'll probably take me the whole week to get my bearings as the buildings are all odd-shaped and around a central sort of round bit. As I don't know my right from my left, it can get extremely confusing. In fact (shhhh) I shimmied down to the Underground this morning feeling very pleased and competent and was two stops in the wrong direction before I realised. Hmmm.Have very vague memories of Austria in general - 20 years since I was in Vienna. They're still obsessed with huge desserts (been good so far), and cream in everything (also good, given my expresso-obsession). And noodles and dumplings and wine by the quarter litre (been less good re. the latter but only in the evenings!).With a bit of luck, will be off soon to do a bit of frozen tourist stuff - only 4 pm!

No comments: